We are delighted to announce that as of September 2020, Altenburg Advisory (“Altenburg”) and Cadence Advisory (“Cadence”) will be working together as one team under a common brand, “ACP”.
Altenburg Advisory and Cadence Advisory are debt advisory firms that advise on, structure, and arrange debt financing for established businesses, primarily in the UK.
Altenburg’s focusses is on senior and unitranche cash flow, real estate and speciality finance company funding solutions.
Cadence focusses on complex and larger invoice discounting, asset-backed and hybrid (ABL plus term loan) debt structures, second lien and asset finance.
Altenburg and Cadence have been working together since January 2020, and we believe that a strategic alliance under the common ACP brand reinforces to our clients and trusted associates that Altenburg and Cadence will be working together as one team to share expertise to provide a premium whole-of-market debt advisory offering to businesses looking to raise between £2m and £75m+ of debt financing.
What we do
At the heart of what we do is debt advisory. We advise and guide our clients through the many different funding options available to them. We help them identify the optimum funding structure and then provide detailed technical expertise on terms, covenants and documentation to ensure that the most appropriate funding solution is put in place
We primarily work with UK-based businesses, but also have considerable experience working on facilities to support large pan-European ABL funding structures and cross-border acquisitions, be it UK into US and Europe or vice-versa
A typical client is looking for an improved working capital facility, or to finance growth (organic or through acquisition), or to fund some form of change or event (restructure, shareholder buyout/cash out etc)
We work closely with the senior management team throughout the process, both for owner-managed businesses and where private equity have a significant or majority stake in the business
Our offering is analysis led and we are hands-on from day 1 through to the drawdown of funding and in supporting any issues or modifications throughout the term of the facility
The types of funding we arrange fall into five broad buckets:
- Working capital and general corporate finance: Asset Finance, Revolving Credit Facilities, Invoice Discounting, Asset Based Lending, Cash Flow Loans (senior and unitranche), Second Lien, Mezzanine and Pref Equity
- Acquisition finance: A combination of the above in conjunction with equity and shareholder or vendor loan notes
- Real Estate: development, investment and operating
- Funding for speciality finance companies
- Other (specialised secured lending, opportunistic, stressed/distressed, venture debt)
- ACP is a debt advisory led corporate finance association between Altenburg Advisory and Cadence Advisory
- Altenburg Advisory focus on senior and unitranche cash flow, real estate and speciality finance company funding solutions
- Cadence focus on complex and large asset-backed, ABL, hybrid debt structures, second lien and asset finance
For more information, contact a member of the Cadence team.